I know, I know, I’m SO remiss on posts, I’d be surprised if anyone’s still around.
A lot going on, just not much time or energy to blog these days. I haven’t forgot about you amazing internets, I’ve just been a bit swamped.
I actually CALLED, as in, on the phone – spoke to a good pal of mine who’s been having a run of the yuck and the suck lately. Just because I was thinking about her. Feel free to go send her some sugar, m’kay? And um, maybe some shoe coupons, because we promised each other to go shoe shopping soon!
Did I mention that my 20, as in TWENTY year High School reunion is this summer? Thanks to Facebook, I’ve reconnected with a lovely handful of folks that I quite enjoyed, but never stayed in touch with. It also amazes me that some of the people that made fun of you, or teased you, or were general little shits are actually pretty nice people once they get a few years away from the walls of High School. I guess that applies to most of us, actually.
I’m still not sure if I can go or not, because well, there’s that whole “how many days of work vacay do I have left?,” and “I’m trying to plan a trip across the pond to see Amy,” and of course, the “oh yeah, right, I work for a Synagogue, and the end of August is WAY too close to the Chagim to even think of leaving my desk” time of year… SO time will tell. If I can sneak away for the weekend, we’ll see.
So in the interest of quantity, not quality 😉 I present you with the following meme – I stole it from Insane Animals – feel free to do the same:
1. What bill do you hate paying the most?
* Debt that is above the norm – still paying off stupid debt.
2. Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner?
3. Do you regret losing your virginity to who you lost it to?
4. Do you still talk to the person who broke your heart the most?
* Doesn’t really apply.
4. If you could go back and change one thing what would it be?
* I would have played more sports, kept up with dance, and other healthier lifestyle choices earlier on – oh yeah and NEVER started smoking!
5. Name of your first grade teacher?
* Mrs. Somebody – ACK. Dark, short hair, I can picture her, but not remember her name (I’m a right brained person, you see…) 😉
6. What do you really want to be doing right now?
* Sleeping in my comfy bed, no disturbances from 4 or two legged creatures.
7. What did you want to be when you were growing up?
* An actress.
8. How many colleges did you attend?
9. Why did you choose the shirt that you have on right now?
* It’s clean and it fits.
10. What are your thoughts on gas prices?
* Suckas! We don’t own a car, and use public transportation.
11. If you could move anywhere and take someone with you where would it be?
* Move my family back to Portland. Or Chicago. Chicago is fun.
12. First thought when the alarm went off this morning?
* Is it 6:30 already?
13. Last thought before going to sleep last night?
* Try to get up on time.
14. Do you miss being a child?
15. What errand/chore do you despise the most?
* Doing the dishes.
17. If you didn’t have to work, would you volunteer?
18. Get up early or sleep in?
* Sleep in whenever they let me.
19. What is your favorite cartoon character?
20. Favorite thing to do at night with a girl/guy?
* Cuddle up and sleep.
21. Have you found real love yet?
* I think I have.
22. When did you start feeling old?
* When I could relate to sciatica.
24. Your favorite lunch meal?
25. What do you get every time you go into Wal-Mart?
* NOTHING. Made FOR children, BY children.
26. Beach or lake?
* Either is lovely.
27. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?
* Nah, still wish we could get one, however.
28. Do you own property?
* About 850 Sq. Feet of property.
29. Favorite Guilty pleasure?
* Reality TV.
30. Favorite movie?
* Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory – The Gene Wilder Version.
31. What’s your favorite drink?
* a nice Shiraz or Malbec.
32. Cowboys or Indians?
* Hmmm, I never played, I mostly tried to burn blades of grass with a magnifying glass.
33. Cops or Robbers?
* Again, see above.
34. Who from high school would you like to run into?
* Well, if I’m able to go to the 20 year reunion in a few months, then I’ll see MANY of them!
35. What radio station is your car tuned to?
* What car? If I had one, NPR.
36. Norm or Cliff?
* eek. Hard one. The post office guy made me laugh.
37. Grey’s or ‘The Office?
* The Office
38. Worst relationship mistake that you wish you could take back?
* Does not doing the dishes more regularly count?
39. Do you like the person that sits directly across from you at work?
* Yes, I love this little computer – it keeps me connected to the world around me, as I work alone in an office.
40. What famous person would you like to have dinner with?
* Gene Wilder.
41. Indoors or Outdoor?
* I like both – depends on the weather – I LOVE to be inside during bad weather, and outdoors when it’s sunny!
42. Have you ever crashed your vehicle?
* In High School.
43. Have you ever used a fire extinguisher for its intended purpose?
44. Last book you read?
* 1, 2, 3 Magic
46. Strangest place you have ever brushed your teeth?
* While sitting ON the toilet.
47. Somewhere in California you’ve never been and would like to go?
* Palm Springs.
48. Do you go to a house of worship?
49. At this point in your life would you rather start a new career or a new relationship?
* New career.
50. How old are you?